Dr. Paul Tanners | New York Prosthodontist
Dr. Paul Tanners is a prosthodontist and cosmetic dentist in New York. He founded his private dental practice in Manhattan in 1966. A New York native, Dr. Tanners graduated from Brooklyn College with a B.A. in biology. He received his D.D.S. in 1962 from New York University College of Dentistry. He supplemented his education with an internship at the Veterans Hospital in New York, followed by three years of post-graduate training in prosthodontics at NYU on a National Institutes of Health teacher-trainee research fellowship.
Dr. Tanners has been a member of the Board of Directors of the N.Y.U. College of Dentistry and lectured in its Department of Prosthodontics. More recently, he has served as a guest lecturer to the Greater New York Association of Occupational Health Nurses.
His professional recognition includes:
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, NYU Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
- Recipient of an Outstanding Teacher award, NYU College of Dentistry
- Recipient of a Research Grant, National Institutes of Health
- Member of the prosthodontic peer review committee of the New York County Dental Society
- Former staff member Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Forensic expert in prosthodontics in dental malpractice cases for numerous law firms
Dr. Tanners’ extensive dental experience and knowledge have allowed him to serve as an expert source for numerous national media outlets including CNN, New York Magazine, New York Times, The Early Show, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Vogue. In addition, Dr. Tanners’ expertise is called upon for his testimony as a forensics expert in dental malpractice cases on both the plaintiff and defense sides.
Despite his busy schedule, Dr. Tanners still takes the time to call each of his patients at home the night after a procedure has been performed to make sure they are healing and feeling well.